A full-time postdoctoral associate position is immediately available for a highly motivated individual to join the Center for Environmental Sensing And Modeling (CENSAM) at the Singapore–MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART), in the frame of a research program jointly led by Prof. Dick K.P. Yue (MIT, Department of Mechanical Engineering) and Prof. Roland Bouffanais (SUTD, EPD).
The candidate should have a strong interest in interdisciplinary research and expertise in theoretical and/or computational science in connection with some of the following fields: complexity science and complex systems engineering, and statistical physics.
The overall goal of the project is to develop a floating supercomputing cluster with compute nodes onboard mobile buoys capable of sensing and swarming. The sensed data will be fed back into a distributed CFD code developed by another postdoctoral associate. The candidate will be responsible for the development of the swarm and swarming strategies and shall help co-supervise at least one Ph.D. student and a research engineer.
• Successful candidates should have received a Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering, physics, applied mathematics or a related field.
• Research expertise in complexity science, collective/swarming intelligence and/or network science will be considered a plus.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, and to take ownership of, and au-tonomously carry forward, major aspects of a research project.
• Ability of approaching research problems with a system view, of working in a multidisciplinary team environment, problem solving skills and high creativity
• Candidates must present a strong publication record, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
|Duration/Period||1 year extendable|
|Keywords||Swarming systems; Autonomous control of an array of floating sensors; Control of collective behaviors;|
Please, provide the email you used to register and your password to log in.
If you had an account on the old website and this is your first login, just click "Recover password" below to go to the password reset page.Recover passwordNot yet registered? Sign up
Please, provide the email you used to register. We will send an email to that address with a link that will take you to the reset password page. After resetting your password you will be automatically logged in to the system.
If you had an account on the old website, please provide the email you used to register there. After resetting your password you will be automatically signed in to the system.Already have an account? Log in