Community structure is one of the most relevant features encountered in numerous real-world applications of networked systems. Despite the tremendous effort of a large interdisciplinary community of scientists working on this subject over the past few years to characterize, model, and analyze communities, more investigations are needed in order to better understand the impact of their structure and dynamics on networked systems. Therefore, the primary goal of this special issue is to showcase the cutting edge research advances on community structures in networks, in order to provide a landscape of research progresses and application potentials in related areas.
Papers, of a broad nature, on various aspects of community structure with strong algorithmic innovations, but also application-oriented works are solicited.
Topics relevant to this special issue include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Models of Communities
· Evolution of Communities
· Dynamic and/of Communities
· Communities in Multiplex
· Temporal Communities
· Community Detection and Mining
· Evaluation Issues in Community Detection
· Parallel Algorithms for Community Detection
· Communities and Epidemics
· Communities and Rumor Spreading
· Communities and Sampling
· Hierarchy and Ego-Networks
· Communities and Controllability
· Communities and Synchronization
· Communities and Resilience
· Communities and Link prediction
· Visual Representation of Communities
· Communities in Economics & Finance networks
· Communities in Technological Networks
· Communities in Biological and Brain Networks
· Communities in Social Networks
· Communities and Semantic Data
· Communities and Embedding Models
· Communities in Mobile and Wireless Networks
Expression of Interest Submission Deadline: October 01, 2018
Acceptance Notification Deadline: October 08, 2018
Paper Submission Deadline: November 08, 2018
Publication: February 28, 2019
· Papers may be submitted in advance of these due dates.
· Papers will be subject to a fast track review procedure that will start as soon as they are submitted.
· Papers are published upon acceptance, regardless of the Special Issue publication date.
Expression of Interest Submission:
Submit an extended abstract (approx. 1000 words) no later than October 01, 2018. The proposal should include: Topic, Key concepts, Methods, Expected Results and Conclusions. Please ensure that you include your full name and email contact details.
Please send it by e-mail to the Lead guest editor: Gergely Palla, email@example.com
Lead Guest Editor
Hocine Cherifi Université de Bourgogne, France, firstname.lastname@example.org
Boleslaw K. Szymanski Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, USA, email@example.com
If you have any queries, please email us and we will be happy to address them.
Please, provide the email you used to register and your password to log in.
If you had an account on the old website and this is your first login, just click "Recover password" below to go to the password reset page.Recover passwordNot yet registered? Sign up
Please, provide the email you used to register. We will send an email to that address with a link that will take you to the reset password page. After resetting your password you will be automatically logged in to the system.
If you had an account on the old website, please provide the email you used to register there. After resetting your password you will be automatically signed in to the system.Already have an account? Log in